Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My life!

My name is Nicole and I was born in BR, Louisina in the month of August. My mom said that I was born a few weeks pre-mature and that I was a bit small, but I just consider that special. At least I wasn't in like some medical emergency like some people are. I was just small, and that kinda got me off to a slow start in life.

When I was in second grade at BCS (maybe sooner; this is how far I can remember)I wasn't the smartest or fastest kid in the class. I had the most hardest time staying still in my seat and reading. I kept speaking without thinking, and at times that wasn't the best thing. My partial dyslexia and ADHD got me held back in second grade (In kindergaten too, only because my mom thiught I was too small to be in that class). At that momment in time, I didn't really know what was going on; I only remember that I was leaving all of my friends that I never got to see again.

My mom would take me to this doctor that tried to figure out what was wrong with me and why I had so much trouble reading. He diagnosed that I had Partial dyslexia. He said I would never be able to read again, but my mom thought and believed differently. She tried, I believe, two tutors before coming to Lifetime Tutoring Center. The lady that would teach me was so nice, and a christian. She had me read off this long list of words and would reward me when I got though a whole column without messing up or studering. After many months at that tutoring place my reading improved. I came from a dyslexia to better reading, even when a doctor said it was impossible.

My ADHD improved too. I wasn't as hyperactive, and I could start sitting down with pattence by fifth grade. I still at momments wiull have some effects of the tings I had like at times I studder when reading and talking, but not nearly as bad. Iam a bit loud, but I hink thats just my personality. I'm sooo glad that Iam over with that phase of my life, and now I can continue with the one I'm living now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment